MENTAL HEALTH CENTER: SERVICES AND LICENSURE
(1) Each applicant for licensure shall submit a license application to the department requesting approval to provide the services in (3) and may request approval to provide one or more of the services in (4).
(2) Services provided by a mental health center must be rendered by a single administration in a discrete physical facility or multiple facilities or by written
agreement or contract with licensed health care professionals, licensed mental health professionals or other facilities such as hospital, clinics, or educational institutions which may combine to provide services.
(3) For a mental health center to be licensed, it must provide to its clients all of the following services:
(a) crisis telephone services;
(b) medication management services;
(c) outpatient therapy services;
(d) community-based psychiatric rehabilitation and support; and
(e) chemical dependency services.
(4) A mental health center, with the appropriate license endorsement, may provide one or more of the following services:
(a) child and adolescent intensive case management;
(b) adult intensive case management;
(c) child and adolescent day treatment;
(d) adult day treatment;
(e) adult foster care;
(f) mental health group home;
(g) an inpatient crisis stabilization facility;
(h) an outpatient crisis response facility; or
(i) a comprehensive school and community treatment program.
(5) Each service listed in (4) that is endorsed by the department shall be recorded on the mental health center's license.
(6) A mental health center may not condition a client's access to one of its services upon the client's receipt of another service provided by the mental health center unless continuity and quality of care require that services be provided by the same agency.
(7) Mental health center services must be available to recipients continuously throughout the year.
(8) A mental health center must report to the department, in writing, any of the following changes within at least 30 days before the planned effective date of the change:
(a) a change of administrator;
(b) a change of medical director;
(c) any change in administrative location or service location;
(d) a change in the name of the agency; or
(e) the discontinuation of providing a service for which the mental health center has an area of endorsement.
(History: 50-5-103, MCA; IMP, 50-5-103, 50-5-204, MCA; NEW, 1998 MAR p. 539, Eff. 2/27/98; TRANS & AMD, 2002 MAR p. 916,Eff. 3/29/02; AMD, 2005 MAR p. 1787, Eff. 9/23/05; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 1285, Eff.5/19/06.)
Page content here